Monday, September 3, 2012

kick crohns to the curb





So this is me and my girl V. This is one of my favorite pictures, in the whole world. No make-up, no fancy clothes or poses, just me and my girl, sweaty and happy. I couldn't have been more proud of her. It was just 2km, but to her it was like running a marathon. Two months before this photo was taken, she and I spent a week at Sick Kids hospital. She had numerous tests, many of them unpleasant, and we waited (and waited, and waited...) for a diagnosis. It was Crohns, which is what the medical team suspected. It isn't the best, but it is far from terrible. We can do this. I know she will have ups and downs. {She doesn't realize it yet}. But for this girl who couldn't do more than go to school then come home to sit or sleep, running 2km straight was a huge accomplishment. I am proud of her for this, and for so many other things. I don't want to forget how blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment