Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hello Mornings, 2 weeks in

What a great challenge Hello Mornings is!

Just being 2 weeks in, I am happy and blessed by what a difference waking up before my some of my family is. Thankfully my son who often wakes up within moments of my feet hitting the floor, is quite content to sit and wait for me to finish my quiet time. (TV can be a good thing). After my quiet time reading the scripture, writing a few words or verses that speak to me, I ponder a bit about what I have read and spend some time in prayer. Then I get right into the exercise. I think this has been huge for me. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have gone through a brief season (Lent)of waking up early to spend time with God, but adding this exercise component has been great. I am finding I feel stronger and fitter (even though I am not physically different yet, I know it will follow). Getting the exercise done first thing has even motivated me a few times to get a second session of activity in later on in the day. I am not talking about huge sweat sessions, but a walk or jog with my kids after dinner, or playing at the playground instead of sitting.

Knowing I have to check in with my group keeps me accountable and motivates me to make sure I do these things.

I am really surprised with the level of honesty and vulnerability the group has shared with one another. Perhaps it's easier to be vulnerable because (I think) few of us know one another in real life. And let me tell ya, the bible knowledge and deep faith these women have, holy smokes! Truly awesome to get to know these women of faith.

Hello Mornings, just two weeks in = what a blessing. Thanks be to God. (and my good friend who put out the simple Facebook invite).

2 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome!
    I fear I would be a miserable failure :S
    I loathe mornings. I SO respect you for committing to this ~ the quiet, the devotions and the exercise. You rock sister :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm visiting from the Hello Mornings link-up. I'm from Ontario, too! The challenge really is a blessing and I'm so glad you're a part of it!

    ReplyDelete